Join Rachel to learn, and gain confidence in having success with Grow Your Own vegetables.
Informal, free drop in sessions that will follow tasks that we are carrying out in Patrick’s Patch.
Family’s welcome with well behaved children.
Each session will last for approximately 30 mins. The Wednesday session is repeated on Saturdays.
The first Wednesday and Saturday of each month at 10.30am
For March only 'How to make your own compost' every Saturday at 11.30am
- Sowing early vegetables and herbs in seed trays, modular trays and raised beds. What to sow, what equipment you need and which compost to use.
- Building structures for climbers – peas, sweet peas, climbing courgettes. Planting early potatoes.
- "How to make your own compost" 11.30am every Saturday throughout March.
- Salad sowing; lettuce, pea shoots, salad onions, salad carrots, radish & salad spinach.
- Planting leeks and celeriac. Direct sow climbing beans and building wigwams.
- Liquid feeding. Sowing for autumn – parsley, carrot, fennel, chard, beetroot & swede.